Sets of 800m, with rest periods between each repetition. A great workout for pacing control, endurance and cadence.
- 5 minutes slow-paced jogging
- 3 Sets of Strides
- Run 75m (approximate) at a fast pace (about 80% of your sprint speed)
- Jog back slowly. THIS EQUALS 1 SET
- REPEAT FOR 3 SETS IN TOTAL
- Rest for 3 minutes
Main Workout (800m Intervals)
- Sprint for 800m
- Rest completely for 3 minutes
- 1 sprint + 1 rest = 1 REPETITION
- REPEAT for a total of either 3/4/5/6 repetitions
- 5 minutes slow-paced jogging.
- This workout must be done on a flat route.
- Your fast-paced running should feel like approximately 80% of your maximum sprinting speed.
- The objective of an interval workout is to run at the same pace for every repetition (not to fade as the workout progresses).