Sets of 400m, with rest periods between each repetition. A great workout for pacing control and cadence.
- 5 minutes slow-paced jogging
- 3 Sets of Strides
- Run 75m (approximate) at a fast pace (about 80% of your sprint speed)
- Jog back slowly. THIS EQUALS 1 SET
- REPEAT FOR 3 SETS IN TOTAL
- Rest for 3 minutes
Main Workout (400m Intervals)
- Sprint for 400m
- Rest completely for 2 minutes
- 1 sprint + 1 rest period = 1 REPETITION
- REPEAT for a total of either 4/6/8/10 repetitions
- 5 minutes slow-paced jogging.
- This workout must be done on a flat route.
- Your fast-paced running should feel like approximately 90% of your maximum sprinting speed.
- The objective of an interval workout is to run at the same pace for every repetition (not to fade as the workout progresses).
- Be tough! The second half of the workout will be hard, but it is important to try to maintain the same speed and intensity as at the start of the workout.